Many online businesses (especially online-only ones) rely on cookies and user tracking to profile who is and isn’t visiting their site, conversions from other sources and returns on marketing spend. This information is typically evaluated, and marketing efforts are pivoted based what patterns the data provides.
Privacy Rightfully is committed to the privacy of its users and given one of our core mantras is making private browsing of the internet easy to achieve we’ve made a change to service this goal.
We are pleased to announce we have removed Google Analytics and replaced it with Plausible Analytics. We believe, as do the good folks at Plausible Analytics, that website usage can be tracked without collecting personal data or personally identifiable information. Plausible allows for the following privacy advantages to our users:
- Site measurement is done anonymously
- Cookies and persistent identifiers are not used
- Personal data is not collected
- Data is in aggregate form only tracking overall trends not individual users
- Fully GDPR, CCPA and PECR compliant
- No tracking across devices, websites or apps
- Plausible is Open Source software
- The data that is collected is kept fully secured, encrypted and hosted in Germany and governed by EU data privacy laws
- Privacy Rightfully 100% owns the website data
- Data is not sent to, sold or shared with any third parties
- Data is not mined or harvested for personal or behaviour trends
- Website data is not monetised
Plausible Analytics tracks significantly less metrics than Google Analytics their complete list is as follows:
For more information about Plausible Analytics visit:
We are pleased to be using the services of a privacy focused start-up given our alignment in values. We are confident we know who our customer is and who our marketing should target without undermining the privacy of those very people.