Effective date: 25 November 2020
Last updated: 23 February 2021.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website and/or Newsletter and the choices you have associated with that data.
We may use your data to provide and improve upon the Website and/or Newsletter, by using the Website and/or Newsletter you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Collection Of Data
In the course of your visits to our website or use of our products or services, we may obtain the following information about you: name, company name, email address, telephone number, credit card details, billing address, geographic location, IP address, survey responses, support queries, blog comments and social media handles (together ‘Personal Data’).
Neither Website or Newsletter are not directed to persons under 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under 18. If we become aware that a minor under 18 has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are the parent or guardian of a child and you believe they have provided us with Personal Data without your consent, then please contact us.
You can review, correct, update or delete your Personal Data by either logging into your account and making the changes yourself or contacting us directly to do so.
Personal Identification Information
Users may be asked for their full name, email address, credit card information, date of birth, residential address and any other information necessary to complete billing, invoicing, delivery or shipment of the Website and/or Newsletter. Users can of course use the Website and/or Newsletter anonymously – we will only collect personal information which is submitted voluntarily. Users can refuse to supply personally identifiable information, however that may prevent them from engaging in certain parts or activities related to or provided by the Website and/or Newsletter.
Users participating and engaging in our forum (‘Chat Room’) or commenting on content on the Website or our social media accounts may create additional user-generated information or personal identification information. Privacy Rightfully does not monitor for this and it is the User’s responsibility to ensure they do not breach their desired amount of information sharing in this respect of use of the Website and/or Newsletter.
We use third-party vendors to assist in the ongoing us and delivery of the Website and/or Newsletter including any payments. We never see your full credit card numbers which is handled using Stripe.
The User gives Privacy Rightfully explicit consent to collect the above listed data. If a User, third-party provider or organisation enters into an agreement with Privacy Rightfully for the provision of services (paid or unpaid) it explicitly grants Privacy Rightfully permission to collect the above listed data. Privacy Rightfully also reserves the right to collect the above listed data from Users for legitimate interests in improving the Website and/or Newsletter including maintenance and administrative purposes.
Marketing communications are only sent to you if you have requested or subscribed to them. You can opt out of our marketing communications at any time by unsubscribing or emailing us and your request will be actioned immediately.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We also use the information we collect in aggregated and anonymised forms to improve our services, including: administering our website, producing reports and analytics, advertising our products and services, identifying user demands and assisting in meeting customer needs generally.
Any information you choose to make publicly available, such as blog comments and testimonials on our website, will be available for others to see. If you subsequently remove this information, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages on other websites or if others have copied or saved the information.
Use Of Data
Privacy Rightfully may use personal information for the following purposes:
- To administer, maintain and improve the Website and/or Newsletter including not limited to content published historically
- Improve the User experience: Information provided by the User helps us engage and respond to service and support requests more efficiently and notify Users of changes to the Website and/or Newsletter
- Personalise the User experience: To allow Users to change settings or appearance of the Website and/or Newsletter
- Process and collect payments
- Deliver content, account information, invoices and statements to Users
- Send marketing communications
- Run contests or surveys
- Send periodic emails relating to orders, inquiries, questions or other requests
Privacy Rightfully does not sell, trade or rent User Personal Data or any customer information. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertises for the purposes listed above. We may use third-party service providers to help us administer the Website and/or Newsletter – any information shared with these third-party service providers is limited to those purposes and limited to the information Users have given permission to disclose.
If Privacy Rightfully discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors, it will be the agent or sub-contractors’ obligation to use the personal information in accordance to this policy.
Privacy Rightfully may also disclose your personal information if it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and/or to defend its legal rights.
How We Protect Your Information
We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Data while in our possession or control. All information we receive from you is stored and protected on our secure servers from unauthorised use or access. Credit card information is encrypted before transmission and is not stored by us on our servers.
To enable us to deliver our Website and/or Newsletter and/or other services, we may transfer information that we collect about you, including Personal Data, across borders for storage and processing in countries other than Australia. If your Personal Data is transferred and processed outside Australia, it will only be transferred to countries that have adequate privacy protections.
We retain your personal information for as long as needed to provide services to you and as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
In the event there is a breach of our security and your Personal Data is compromised, we will promptly notify you in compliance with the applicable law.
Cookies & Pixels
Privacy Rightfully uses the following data processors which collect personal information:
Third-Party Service Providers
Privacy Rightfully uses the following third-party service providers to administer the Website and/or Newsletter. By using the Website and/or Newsletter you are accessing these services – Privacy Rightfully does not provide or receive any personal information to or from these services:
Data Retention Policy
Data will only be retained until a User explicitly requests us to delete it
Cross-Border Data Transfer
Information collected by Privacy Rightfully may be stored, processed or transferred in and/or between countries Privacy Rightfully operates in to enable the use of information outlined in this policy. Users agree to this cross-border transfer of personal information and recognise and understand personal information they share will be published on the internet and available around the world.
Protecting the privacy of minors (under 18 years of age) is incredibly important. Privacy Rightfully:
- Does not solicit, collect, store or maintain information about any persons under the age of 18.
- Does not knowingly allow persons under 18 years to register, join or subscribe for any part of the Website and/or Newsletter
- If you are under 18 years of age please do not send us information about yourself including and not limited to name, address, email, phone number or any other data or media
- No one under 18 years of age is allowed to provide information to or on the Website and/or Newsletter
- In the event Privacy Rightfully learns it has collected the data of a person under the age of 18, without verification of parental consent, we will delete this information immediately.
- If you believe that we may have information from or about a person/s under 18 years of age, please contact us on the details listed at the bottom of this policy
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may from time to time need to disclose certain information, which may include your Personal Data, to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request. Also, we may use your Personal Data to protect the rights, property or safety of Privacy Rightfully, our customers or third parties.
If there is a change of control in one of our businesses (whether by merger, sale, transfer of assets or otherwise) customer information, which may include your Personal Data, could be transferred to a purchaser under a confidentiality agreement. We would only disclose your Personal Data in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
Privacy Rightfully seeks to comply fully with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). As such, Users have the following rights:
- Right to be forgotten: When you cancel your account, you may request your data be permanently deleted. Please email: email@example.com to begin this process which should be complete within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never and don’t intend ever perform any data science projects on user data. In the event this changes we will notify Users in writing before doing so allowing Users to opt out. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at email@example.com and request copies of all user data we retain about you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you at your request.
- Right to portability: We will provide you all information we hold on you at your request
- Right of restriction: You can make a request for restriction or suppression of your personal data by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, Users residing in the EU have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in your member state of residence or place of work if you consider the handling of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
All Newsletters will contain an “unsubscribe” option at the bottom allowing Users to not receive future Newsletters. Please note, this does not delete your membership with Privacy Rightfully, this can be done on the Website or by emailing email@example.com
User Acceptance Of This Policy
By using the Website and/or Newsletter, you accept this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, please do not use the Website and/or Newsletter. Continued use of the Website and/or Newsletter following any changes or updates to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes
PO Box 1310
Park Ridge, QLD, 4125